Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pictures in the Wind

This week's challenge is to create twelve 4x5 negatives using a large format camera.  After a five hour demo from set up, to tear down and negative development I thought I was ready to head out to the hills and shoot some nature.  Little did I know this assignment was to be riddled with hours of rookie mistakes and botched negatives...aaahhh, being a newbie is rough.

First off - dodging curious llamas.

Second off - distance...why did I feel the need to shoot in the coulees, only to lug pounds of equipment around in the windy outdoors...probably so I could whine about it later.



Another challenge was setting up shop in the coulees while battling the wind.  (Snaps to me for practicing set up and tear down in the comfort of my home).
   5 ruined negative sheets (due to incorrect loading?)
+ a general lack of nature to capture
(to the power of not really having much of an idea of what I'm wanting to shoot)
 = Defeated Rhianne :(

After a short sob session, and a $10 hot chocolate at Starbucks I headed to another friend's farm thinking I could get some fun images of her adorable crew of minis and donkeys.  But instead of being subjects they thought they'd rather be photographers...or assistants?  Or chewing my boots and tripod (don't tell Jarrett).


So, long story short; I resorted to using my Minolta 35 mm, and my Olympus SP-500.  Oh well, better luck next time ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment